Awards Presented at the 16th ASSITEJ Croatia Meeting
The jury, comprised of Helena Petković, Lada Martinac Kralj and Renata Carola Gotica, after seeing nine theatrical productions included the official selection that were performed in Čakovec in the period14 -18 October 2013, decided to bestow the following awards:
1. The Award for Best Overall Theatrical Production is awarded toTHE LITTLE STAR, Zadar Puppet Theatre
2. The Award for Best Direction is awarded to Ljudmila Fedorova for THE LITTLE STAR, Zadar Puppet Theatre
3. The Award for Best Dramatic Text has not been awarded.
4. The Award for Best Scenic Designis awarded to Alexandra Kovalskay for THE LITTLE STAR, Zadar Puppet Theatre
5. The Award for Best Costume Design is awarded to Mirjana Zagorec for THE LITTLE NEEDLE, Mala ScenaTheatre, Zagreb.
6. The Award for Best Musical Score for the Theatre is awarded to Hrvoje Radnić for HOUSE GHOSTS OR INVISIBLE RECIPE FOR HAPPINESS, Dubrava Children’s Theatre from Zagreb and Pinklec Theatre Company from Čakovec
7. The Award for Best Lighting Desingis awarded to IvoNižić and Frane Papić for THE LITTLE STAR, Zadar Puppet Theatre.
8. Best Acting Achievements:
- Nataša Kopeč in the role of ROBOTKA in Crumbs from the Living Room, Žar Ptica Theatre, Zagreb
- Karolina Horvat in the role of QUEEN AND SERVANT GIRL in Snow White Must Die, Pinklec Theatre Company from Čakovec and Children’s and Puppet Scene of the Croatian National Theatre inVaraždin
- Nikolina Majdak in the role of IGLICA in The Little Needle, Mala Scena Theatre from Zagreb
- PetarAtanasoski in the role of JANKO in Crumbs from the Living Room, Žar Ptica Theatre, Zagreb
This year’s Meeting offereda varied side programme.
The programme “A BACKPACK (FULL) OF CULTURE” was presented by representative of the Croatian Ministry of Culture Vladimir Stojsavljević, Assistant to the Croatian Minister of Culture ,and Maja Zrnčić, Programme manager, in course of an eponymous round table discussion. Seventeen representatives of theatres, members of ASSITEJ Croatia and UNIMA Croatia contributedtheir comments and proposals.
At the 2nd International Croatia World Collaboration Conference, which took place as part of our Meeting, a workshop for dramatic artists (actors), members of ASSITEJ Croatia and students was held by dramatic artist and martial arts instructor Haruka Kuroda (London, UK)
Branko Mihaljević Children’s Theatre in Osijek presented its SLUK Picture Book exhibition. The exhibition comprises a collection of works by prominent visual artists, puppet technologistsand scenographers who have shaped the work of the Theatre sincethe 1980s.
Threeproductionsby professionally managed children’s theatres were performed at the Croatian National Theatre in Varaždin as part of the REPEAT PERFORMANCE programme: FEAR by Dubrava Children’s Theatre Drama Studio,DEAD QUEEN 123…by Drama Studio of the Croatian National Theatre Varaždin, and WINDSPLASHby Drama Studio Dada of the Pinklec Theatre Company.